On June 29th, ASBM and the Generics and Biosimilars Initiative (GaBI) hosted a webinar entitled “Key Factors for Successful Uptake of Biosimilars: Europe and the US: measures taken for improving biosimilar uptake and the potential role of healthcare providers and patients”. The event featured a keynote presentation by former U.S. Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Services Eric David Hargan.
Other speakers at the two-hour event included:
- Michael S Reilly, Esq, Executive Director, Alliance for Safe Biologic Medicines
- Ralph McKibbin, MD, FACP, FACG, AGAF, Pennsylvania Society of Gastroenterology/Digestive Disease National Coalition
- Professor Philip J Schneider, MS, FASHP, FASPEN, FFIP, Ohio State University College of Pharmacy
- Chad Pettit, MBA, Global Biosimilars Commercial Lead, Amgen
- Andrew Spiegel, Esq, Global Colon Cancer Association
The event concluded with a panel discussion and Q&A session between participants, hosted by federal health policy expert Steven Stranne, MD, JD.
The discussion will continue at the next webinar on “Non-medical switching of biologicals/biosimilars: Canada, Europe, the US” on July 20, 2022.