On May 31st, the Ohio State University College of Pharmacy released a series of promotional videos for its 7-hour continuing education (CE) program on biosimilars. The videos consist of an overview of the educational program featuring all the presenters, as well as a biographical sketch of each presenter.
The program was developed in partnership with ASBM and covers a broad variety of biosimilar topics. ASBM The program is fully ACPE-accredited and available to pharmacists nationwide.The course consists of seven modules, of which the first three are currently available. Additional modules will be added in the coming weeks.
- Introduction to Biologics and Biosimilars (Philip Schneider, MS, FASHP, FFIP)
- Biosimilar Substitution and Interchangeability (Philip Schneider, MS, FASHP, FFIP)
- Biosimilar Pharmacovigilance (Philip Schneider, MS, FASHP, FFIP)
- The Biosimilar Market (Philip Schneider, MS, FASHP, FFIP)
- Physician Perspectives on Biosimilars (Ralph McKibbin, MD, FACP, FACG, AGAF)
- Patient Advocate Perspectives on Biosimilars (Andrew Spiegel, JD)
- Biosimilars: Payer and PBM Practices (Madelaine Feldman, MD, FACR
The course is presented by the University’s Office of Continuing Professional Development and may be accessed here (registration required).
View the course outline here.
Watch the course overview video:
Watch the biographical video for Professor Schneider:
Watch the biographical video for Dr. McKibbin:
Watch the biographical video for Dr. Feldman:
Watch the biographical video for Mr. Spiegel:
The College of Pharmacy at The Ohio State University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program is approved for 3.0 contact hours (0.3 CEU) under the ACPE universal program numbers 0633-0000-22-019-H01-P, 0633-0000-22-020-H01-P and 0633-0000-22-021-H01-P. Participants must view the program content and complete the post presentation quiz and evaluation to receive CE credit for the program. Questions about pharmacists’ participation in the program and continuing education credit should be addressed to: Ashley Knackstedt at: firstname.lastname@example.org; (614)-688-4420.