On April 30th, the Generics and Biosimilar Initiative (GaBI) published a meeting report on a 2-hour webinar entitled “Non-Medical Switching of Biologicals and Biosimilars: Canada, Europe, and the US”, hosted July 20th, 2022 by ASBM and GaBI.
During the webinar, academic clinicians, patient advocates, policymakers and regulatory experts from Canada and the US shared their experience and knowledge. Topics discussed included an overview of non-medical switching policies in different countries; physician and patient concerns with non-medical switching; interchangeability of biolosimilars in the US and Canada, the importance of a multi-stakeholder approach protecting the physician–patient relationship when making substitution decisions.
- Michael S Reilly, Esq, Alliance for Safe Biologic Medicines, USA
- Gail Attara, Gastrointestinal Society, Canada
- Ralph McKibbin, MD, FACP, FACG, AGAF, Pennsylvania Society of Gastroenterology
- Leah Christl, PhD, Amgen, USA
- Durhane Wong-Rieger, Canadian Organization for Rare Diseases
- Philip Schneider, MS FASHP FFIP; Ohio State University College of Pharmacy
Read the Meeting Report here.
Watch video of the webinar here.